- Items of personal information to be collected and collection method
- Purpose of collection and use of personal information
- Provision of personal information
- Entrustment of handling of personal information
- Retention and use period of personal information
- Procedure and method of discarding personal information
- Rights of users and legal representatives, and the exercise of the rights
- Installation of a system to automatically collect personal information / Information on its operation and rejection
- Other information
- Contact information for Privacy Protection Manager and responsible departments
- Obligation of notification
1. Items of personal information to be collected and collection method
A. The Company collects the following minimum personal information required for membership registration, user identification, customer service, document review and provision of various services.
- Name, contact number for the person in charge, Kakao Account (or email), department (position), date of birth, gender
B. The following billing information may be collected while the user is using paid services.
- Credit card payment: Card issuer, card number
- Mobile phone payment: Phone number
- Wire transfer: account name, account number
C. The following information may be created or collected automatically while the user are engaged in our services or while our service is being processed.
- IP Address, cookie, access log, date and time of use, service usage record, poor usage record
D. The following personal information will be collected to pay invoices, verify bank accounts and to charge shipping fees for returned items.
- Account-name, Account-number
E. Personal information collection method
The Company collects personal information using the following methods.
- Homepage, documents, fax, telephone, email, Q&A
- Collection of personal information using a data collection tool
2. Purpose of collection and use of personal information
A. Fulfillment of the Service Agreement, provision of content and specific customized services
B. Membership management Membership service access and user identification, prevention of wrongful and unauthorized usage by rogue members, confirmation of the user's intention to sign up, limitation of sign up & the number thereof, record keeping for the purpose of dispute resolution, customer service such as complaints procedure etc, delivery of notification
C. New service development and marketing & promotion activities New service development and provision of customized services, provision of services based on statistical characteristics and ad placement, confirmation of service effectiveness, provision of event information and opportunity for participation, provision of promotional information, monitoring of login frequency, statistics on member's service usage
3. Provision of Personal Information
The Company uses the user's personal information within the scope specified in "2. Purpose of collection and use of personal information", and does not exceed the limit without the prior consent of the user. The Company also does not disclose such personal information to outside parties except in the following cases.
- If any member provides a prior consent to disclose personal information.
- If required by laws and regulations, or if demanded by law enforcement agencies in accordance with procedures and methods prescribed by relevant laws and regulations
4. Entrustment of handling of personal information
The Company entrusts the handling of personal information as follows for the purpose of service improvement, and implements internal regulations in the entrustment contract to ensure the safe management of personal information as required by law.
|Service provider||Purpose||Term of retention and use|
|For customer service
Advertising sales and sales support
|Until you unregister from the Services or the delegation agreement with the Service Provider is terminated|
|LG U+||Credit card payments, Depositless payment||Until you unregister from the Services or the delegation agreement with the Service Provider is terminated|
|LG CNS||Credit card payments||Until you unregister from the Services or the delegation agreement with the Service Provider is terminated|
|NICE Information&Telecommunication.Inc, Credit Card Companies[Samsung, Shinhan, KB, Hana, BC, Citi, hyundai, Lotte, NHnonghyup]||Credit card payment|
5. Retention and Use Period of Personal Information
All user's personal information will be destroyed with immediate effect upon the fulfillment of the original purpose of collection and use; provided, however, that the following information will be retained for a specified period due to the reasons described below.
A. Reason for holding information by internal policy
|Information to be retained||Applicable laws||Term of retention|
|Wrongful use record||wrongful use prevention||1 year|
|Member deregistration record||complaint handling, etc.||30 days from the deregistration date|
B. Reason for holding information by relevant laws
|Information to be retained||Applicable laws||Term of retention|
|Records on contracts and withdrawal of offers, etc||Act on the Consumer Protection in the Electronic Commerce Transactions, etc.||5 years|
|Records on payment and supply of goods, etc.||Act on the Consumer Protection in the Electronic Commerce Transactions, etc.||5 years|
|Records on customer complaints and resolution of disputes||Act on the Consumer Protection in the Electronic Commerce Transactions, etc.||3 years|
|Records on marks & advertisements||Act on the Consumer Protection in the Electronic Commerce Transactions, etc.||6 months|
|Books and documentary evidence related to all transactions as prescribed by tax law||Framework Act on National Taxes||5 years|
|Records on electronic financial transactions||Electronic Financial Transaction Act||5 years|
|Records on Service visits||Protection of Communications Secrets Act||3 months|
6. Procedure and method of discarding personal information
The user's personal information is to be discarded immediately once the purpose of the collection and use of personal information is fulfilled. The procedure and method of discarding personal information is as follows.
- The information entered by the user for the purpose of membership registration, etc. is moved to a separate DB (a separate file box in the case of paperwork), stored for a specific period to meet the information protection requirement specified by internal policies and relevant laws, and then discarded.
- Such personal information is not used for any other purpose than retention unless otherwise stipulated in governing laws.
- Personal information printed on paper is to be destroyed through shredding or incineration.
- Personal information stored in electronic file formats is to be deleted using technical means which make the information unrecoverable.
7. Rights of users and legal representatives, and the exercise of the rights
The Company does not collect personal information of children under the age of 14. However, it guarantees the rights of their legal representatives if demanded by one. (Access, correction, deletion and withdrawal of consent for the children's personal information)
8. Establishment, Operation and Rejection of Automatic Collection Device of Personal Data
A. What is a Cookie?
- A cookie is a small piece of text file usually set by the web server, sent from a website and stored in a User's computer hard disk while the User is browsing that website.
B. Purpose of use of cookie?
C. Rejecting a cookie
- Cookie does not collect personally identifiable information automatically or actively, and a user has an option for setting a cookie. Hence, a user may allow all cookies by setting the option on the web browser; whenever a cookie is stored, the confirmation thereof shall be completed; or, otherwise, a user may reject the storage of all cookies. Provided, however, when a user rejects the storage of a cookie, then the user may have some difficulties in using service.
<Allow or Don't Allow Cookies>
- Internet Explorer: Select "Tool" menu. > Select "Internet Options". > Click on the "Personal Data" Tab. > Settings
- Chrome: Select "Settings" menu at the top right. > Click "Show advanced settings" at the bottom. > In the "Privacy" section, click "Content settings". > Cookies
The Company protects the rights of the user as follows.
- A user may view and edit his or her personal information at any time.
- A user may at any time request to withdraw a consent to the provision of personal information or to unregister from the service.
- If a user requests for the revision of personal information, the user's information is not to be used or provided until the revision is completed to ensure the accurate use and provision of personal information. If such information has already been provided to any third party, the recipient will be immediately notified of the change so that the information will be revised.
10. Person Responsible for Management of Personal Data and Contact Information
The Company has designated the person in charge of personal data management to protect user privacy and handle any complaint or inquiry. We will do our best to promptly and sufficiently reply to your report or inquiry.
Personal Information Protection Manager
- Name: Andy kang
- Division: Privacy Protection Part
- Contact: 1577-3754
- Q&A: Customer Service
If you need to report or consult as to any other matters concerning intrusion of personal data, please contact the followings.
- Korea Internet & Security Agency ( http://privacy.kisa.or.kr / Without an area code 118 )
- e-privacy ( http://www.eprivacy.or.kr / 02-580-0533~4 )
- SUPREME PROSECUTORS' OFFICE ( http://www.spo.go.kr / 02-3480-3571 )
- NATIONAL POLICE AGENCY ( http://www.cyberbureau.go.kr / Without an area code 182 )
11. Duty of Notice
- Date of Implementation: February 07, 2018
Last Modified : 2018-02-07