This document explains what you have to do to use the features of Kakao Talk Channel.
Tag used in this document
||You must apply the settings marked with this tag before using Kakao Talk Channel.
If this tag is not attached, you can optionally apply the setting depending on the functions you want to use.
Set for customer management
The Kakao Talk Channel customer management feature provides the following APIs for target marketing based on user information.
- Register customer file
- View the customer file
- Add a user to the customer file
- Delete a user from the customer file
Here are the prerequisites and conditions required to use this feature:
- You need your app's REST API key or Admin Key issued from [My Application] > [App Keys].
- You must register your business registration number in [My Application] > [Business] to switch your app to a Biz app.
- A Kakao Talk Channel must be connected to your app. You can connect them in Kakao Business, and add only the Kakao Talk Channel with the same business registration number as the one registered in the app.
- You must check and agree to the Customer File Upload Policy in [My Application] > [Kakao Talk Channel]. Only with the app's Owner accountAccount that has all permission for the app, such as viewing or modifying all app information, inviting a member, switching to a Biz app, re-issuing app keys or deleting an app., you can agree to the policy to check the responsibilities for protecting and managing private information, which is required.
Refer to REST API to learn about how to develop this feature.
You can use the Kakao Talk Channel customer management API more effectively in the service that applies Kakao Sync. Refer to Concepts and Marketing for more details.
Set Kakao Talk Channel callback
This feature passes you a callback when a user adds or blocks your Kakao Talk Channel connected to your service to keep you posted about the users you will send a message to through Kakao Talk Channel.
To use this feature,
- Go to [My Application] > [Kakao Talk Channel] > [Callback for adding/blocking Kakao Talk Channel] and click [Register callback].
- Input a callback URL to receive a callback from the Kakao server. The URL is applied to all channels displayed on the list of [Connected business channels].
- Implement the subsequent action for the case that the Kakao server sends a callback to the registered callback URL when a user adds or blocks one of your Kakao Talk Channels. To see the details on the callback request, refer to Reference Information > Kakao Talk Channel callback.